Twitter has changed the “quote tweet” function in its iPhone and desktop apps.
Now instead of displaying a text version of the quoted tweet, it will display the entire tweet. It’ll also provide much more room for the quoter to add some commentary at the top — a full 116 characters.
— Twitter (@twitter) April 6, 2015
Here’s how you quote a tweet in iOS (according to Twitter):
- Tap the Retweet icon.
- Tap Quote Tweet.
- Add a comment and tap Tweet.
- The Tweet will then be shared with your followers as a quote Tweet!
The change will come to the iPhone and desktop apps in an app update, which began rolling out today.
Twitter says new “quote tweet” function will be coming to the Android app soon.
Update on April 14: Twitter for Android has now also gained the new functionality.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform
- networking features, and more