Did you miss a session from GamesBeat Summit 2022? All sessions are available to stream now. Watch now.
Game-play livestreaming site Twitch announced details and its ticket sales plan for its TwitchCon 2015 fan convention.
The event is one more way that Twitch is building its community of fans and broadcasters who are intent on turning livestreaming of game play — from silly entertainment to serious competitive e-sports — into a cultural phenomenon. Twitch has grown into a new media power, with more than 100 million monthly viewers watching content from 1.5 million broadcasters.
TwitchCon 2015 will take place at the Moscone West convention center in San Francisco on Sept. 25 and Sept. 26. The event is the first ever convention dedicated to Twitch’s community of partners, broadcasters, and viewers. Amazon bought Twitch last year for $970 million.
Tickets go on sale at 2:00pm PT on April 10 at TwitchCon.com, with discounted early bird tickets available until 11:00pm PT on April 24.
● Friday, September 25 pass: $50.00 (Early bird price: $45.00)
● Saturday, September 26 pass: $60.00 (Early bird price: $55.00)
● 2-Day pass: $85.00 (Early bird price: $75.00)
● Saturday after party for badge holders: $25.00
On April 10, Twitch is also conducting an open call for submissions at TwitchCon.com. Twitch said this is the community’s opportunity to submit a panel, workshop, experience, or presentation idea for consideration.
TwitchCon 2015 will feature a myriad of interactive experiences for attendees. Twitch also provided the following details for the event:
● Panel Rooms: A diverse selection of community- and staff-driven panels geared toward educating and entertaining attendees
● Interactive events with top Twitch Partners:
– Stream with them using the Broadcast Pods
– Play games with them in the Gaming Lab
– Learn from them in the Knowledge center
– Mingle with them at meet & greet signing sessions
– Celebrate with them at the massive after party on September 25
– Watch their channels being broadcast live from the show floor
● Among hundreds in attendance, many of Twitch’s most popular personalities will be taking part in various convention activities. The first dozen being revealed are itmeJP, iijeriichoii, OMGitsFirefoxx, PokerStaples, Nightblue3, Towelliee, eg_jwong, ApproachingNirvana, Cirno_tv, Reynad27, Summit1g, and TimTheTatman. In the weeks ahead, more participating top broadcast partners will be announced on Twitch Weekly and at TwitchCon.com.
● Keynote from Twitch CEO Emmett Shear
● Exclusive Twitch merchandise available only at the show
GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Learn more about membership.