This week on What to Think, we speak with Harper Reed. Once the chief technology officer of the Obama for America re-election campaign, he’s now busy building mobile commerce startup Modest.
Modest launched a couple of months ago, with the goal of making it easy for any retailer to build a mobile app that consumers can use to purchase products.
Reed is Modest’s founder and chief executive, and he’s got a few of his old buddies from Obama for America working with him on the startup. On the podcast, Reed tells me and VentureBeat’s Ruth Reader how political fundraising is actually relevant for a career in e-commerce.
Plus, on this week’s podcast we tell you what to think about:
- Preordering the Apple Watch
- Snapchat’s new research team, which is looking to analyze user data with artificial intelligence
- LinkedIn’s $1.5 billion acquisition of lynda.com
All this and more is in our latest weekly episode. Check it out!
You can also find the latest edition of What to Think on iTunes or on SoundCloud.
In addition, you can find What to Think on Stitcher or get the What to Think RSS feed for the podcast player of your choice.
Enjoy the show!
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more