This week on What to Think, we speak with Michael Tolkin. He’s the chief executive of IMAX Labs, an innovation lab that’s backed by IMAX Corp., the entertainment technology company with special theaters throughout the world.
Tolkin talks with me and my colleague Ruth Reader about how he’s fascinated by current virtual reality and augmented reality products, including Microsoft’s HoloLens, Facebook’s Oculus VR, and the Samsung Gear VR.
But he recognizes that it might not be very nice to wear one of those for hours at work and then have to put on a different one inside a theater for entertainment purposes.
“If you don’t want to be wearing a headset day in and day out, how about a contact lens?” Tolkin said.
Now that would be cool.
Plus, on this week’s podcast we tell you what to think about:
- Slack’s continuing growth and its latest funding round
- Etsy’s IPO and what it means for the New York tech scene
- Mobilegeddon — a portmanteau of mobile and Armageddon that really just means changes to Google search algorithms to highlight mobile-friendly web pages
All this and more is in our latest weekly episode. Check it out!
You can also find the latest edition of What to Think on iTunes or on SoundCloud.
In addition, you can find What to Think on Stitcher or get the What to Think RSS feed for the podcast player of your choice.
Enjoy the show!
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more