Here’s the Sync 2.0.120 changelog (full list):
- Search for folders, users, and devices in the folder list, peer list, and in licenses.
- New optional column for “Owner” so you can easily see who owns which folder.
- New optional column for “Last transferred” so you know the last time files were changed in a folder.
- Ability to hide offline devices in the My Devices list that you are not using anymore.
- All settings in a folder’s Share dialog are now remembered the next time it is opened.
- For Sync-specific options, icons have been added to the contextual menu of folders and files in Explorer (Windows) and Finder (OS X).
- Additional usability and design improvements.
- Many core engine improvements.
BitTorrent released Sync out of beta just two months ago, after first introducing the product in April 2013. At the same time, the company also launched Sync Pro, a premium edition of Sync priced at $39.99 per year that adds new functionality not available in the free version. The above changelog applies to both products.
BitTorrent is already looking towards its two other Sync products, also coming this year. Sync has become a portfolio, and the company is very eager to see which products work and which ones can make money.
Despite this, BitTorrent is telling Sync users they can expect “more frequent feature product releases.” What exactly is in the pipeline, however, is not clear.
Back in August 2014, BitTorrent shared that Sync had passed 10 million installs, and in March, it revealed users had transferred 145 petabytes of data. Neither of those numbers were updated today because “focus has been more qualitative, on the types of customers coming through,” a BitTorrent spokesperson told VentureBeat.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more