Reliance Games has a new chief executive officer.
Amit Khanduja is taking over that role from outgoing CEO Manish Agarwal for the mobile gaming publisher. Previously Khanduja was the chief operating officer for Reliance Games.
The India-based Reliance is known for creating mobile games based on Hollywood properties like Hunger Games, Real Steel, and Pacific Rim while partnering with film studios like Dreamworks, Warner Bros., and Sony Pictures. Reliance says that its works have more than 200 million downloads. The mobile market could reach $30 billion and exceed the console industry’s revenues this year, according to market researcher Newzoo.
Before working at Reliance, Khanduja held executive positions with Sun Microsystems and Hewlett-Packard.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties