Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
Worried that Bravely Second wasn’t coming to the West? Don’t worry another, well, second.
Nintendo revealed today in a Nintendo Direct Micro (a smaller version of its streaming events that showcase new games) that the anticipated sequel to the 3DS role-playing game, Bravely Default, will come to the west at some point in 2016. The Square Enix sequel came out in Japan on April 23.
The original Bravely Default came out on October 2011, but the U.S. didn’t get a chance to play it until February 2014. Once it did, it was one of the best-received 3DS and role-playing games of the year. I actually reviewed it back when it came out, and I loved it.
You can watch the entire Nintendo Direct Micro below. The bit with Bravely Second is at the end.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties