More than 65 new features continue tradition of rapid innovation while advancing platform’s ability to provide Savings-as-a-Service
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–June 4, 2015–
COUPA INSPIRE – Coupa Software, the leading provider of cloud spend management solutions, today announced Coupa Release 13, a platform update that extends enterprise mobility, simplifies expense management, enhances touchless processing of e-invoices and adds new features across the Coupa application suite and Coupa Open Business Network.
“Businesses looking to gain a competitive advantage must enable their employees and suppliers with the mobility tools needed to drive cost out of the supply chain,” said Rob Bernshteyn, CEO of Coupa. “Our latest release brings cloud spend management to wearables and innovates expense management, all while executing on our commitment to an open business network where all the world’s businesses can connect and collaborate without hurdles like supplier fees.”
A New Definition of Enterprise Mobility
Mobility success is no longer possible simply by having a mobile app strategy; instead, four pillars of mobility are required by today’s modern businesses. These four pillars are:
- Responsive web design for access on any device,
- Actionable notifications,
- Mobile apps, and
Coupa Release 13 builds upon Coupa’s responsive web design, mobile apps and actionable email notifications to give customers and their suppliers the mobility tools needed to fully streamline processes and reduce costs. Additional mobility capabilities added in this release include:
- Wearables Support: Approve or reject expense reports, invoices and requisitions in seconds using the Apple Watch.
- SmarterTrip for Coupa Expense Management: Delivers a virtual personal assistant for business travelers. Automatically record a business traveler’s route taken, geolocation, mileage and time spent at a location to predict items that should be expensed. Push notifications displayed via mobile app and Apple Watch then allow the traveler to expense the predicted item in seconds. SmarterTrip delivers the industry’s first unified, one touch expensing experience for both business users and Accounts Payable (AP).
- Enhanced Enterprise Security: Network admins can set device auto-lock parameters and integrate Apple’s TouchID technology for Coupa app access.
- Expense Report App Updates: Itemize expenses, split expenses across multiple days and automatically classify expenses, all via the Coupa iOS and Android apps.
Cloud Spend Management Innovations
With Release 13, Coupa expands its vision of consolidating upstream and downstream spend management activities into one single stream. From its inception, the Coupa platform was designed to create this one stream using a single organic technology platform, where innovations benefit all customers. The Release 13 platform update continues to breaks down artificial barriers, one of the hallmarks of legacy solutions that slow business processes.
New enhancements across the Coupa platform include:
- Search Optimization: Utilizing e-commerce principles for monitoring search success rates and compiling real-time search visibility to gain insight into unsourced categories, catalog content improvements needed and more.
- Platform Enhancements: Dynamically add additional approvers to expense reports, enable approval rights based on user spend authority, and additional delegation settings to give businesses even more configuration control.
- Extended Globalization: Localized homepage content setting, configurable field name localization, and VAT reclaim for global expense management.
- Enhanced Coupa Open Business Network: Updates increase web usability so all of the world’s businesses, regardless of size, can connect to one another efficiently all with no transaction fees or friction. All suppliers, direct or indirect, receive benefit without paying for the value being delivered.
Advanced E-Invoicing Control
Release 13 gives Accounts Payable teams even more control of their end-to-end e-invoicing process, as well as improving cash flow management.
New e-invoicing features include:
- Touchless Non-PO Invoice Processing: Process Non-PO invoices just as easily as your PO-backed invoices by automatically routing invoices to coders throughout the business based on supplier-entered information.
- Improved Supplier Collaboration of Disputed Invoices: Supplier invoice disputes are now automated and allow for the supplier to correct and re-submit invoices.
- Invoice Discounting Metadata Reporting: Improved reporting and visibility into invoices with early payment discounts helping AP become strategic through workload priority queues automatically created based on opportunity discounts.
- Recent/Favorite Billing Strings for Easy Invoice Updates: Easily choose recently used billing strings and mark them as favorites for quick future access.
- Split Billing Templates: Use the new Split Billing Templates to easily upload numerous split billing lines to an invoice line; helping AP reduce efforts for complex invoices.
Coupa works with any ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, Workday or Great Plains to provide businesses with the measurable results long lacking in cloud spend management; every person that touches Coupa experiences a solution that increases B2B efficiency and drives profitability.
About Coupa Software
Coupa Software enables businesses everywhere to recognize bottom-line financial success via Savings-as-a-Service. More than 500 customers doing business in over 100 countries use Coupa to support business agility and reduce costs. Only Coupa provides an organic suite of true cloud applications including accounts payable, procurement, expense management, sourcing and inventory, allowing customers to realize a return on investment that starts within a few months and grows continually. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more at our company blog, or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Orlando De Bruce, +1 650-485-8629
Global Public Relations