Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
The original Angry Birds was launched in 2009, and it was downloaded more than 2 billion times. Now the sequel is coming.
Espoo, Finland-based Rovio Entertainment announced Angry Birds 2 today as part of an invitation to an event in San Francisco on July 28.
During the intervening six years, Rovio has introduced 14 different Angry Birds spinoffs, like Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Space, and Angry Birds Star Wars.
But this is the first title that carries the official sequel status, Angry Birds 2. Rovio is being cryptic for now, promising only a “bigger, badder, birdier” experience.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties