Microsoft isn’t just releasing Windows 10 tomorrow (our early review), it’s also preparing to roll out a new version of one of its most popular games.
Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition is real, and it is completely free if you already own the game on PC. You just need to go through a few steps.
Here’s how to do it:
- Sign into your Mojang account.
- You should see your Mincecraft purchase at the top of the page.
- Scroll down and you should see “Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta.”
- After that, simply click the button “Claim your free copy.”
- This will take you to a Microsoft page where you can redeem your code for the game.
- You may need to sign into your Microsoft account.
- The code field should auto-populate.
- Hit “Redeem.”
Now, once you have Windows 10 installed, you should find the game in your apps.