Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Windows 10 is launches tomorrow (our early impressions), and it’s going to bring a bunch of Xbox gaming features to Microsoft’s biggest product.
The Xbox app in Windows 10 is about to unleash a plethora of new gaming capabilities for PC players. These include GameDVR, cross-device play, and streaming of Xbox One games to a local PC or Windows 10 tablet. It’s a lot of new integrations that should make playing games on your PC feel more active and alive.
It’s one thing for us to tell you about it, but you’ll get to try it all out soon for free if you use your upgrade from Windows 7 or 8. And if you can’t wait that long, check the video below to see Microsoft run through a demonstration of the new features:
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties