A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
August 1 is Kirby’s birthday, but we’re the one getting gifts. Well, gifts you have to pay for, but it’s still exciting.
Kirby’s Dream Land came out in North America on August 1, 1992, for the Game Boy. To celebrate, Nintendo is releasing three classic Kirby games digitally for Wii U today:
- Kirby: Squeak Squad (originally for the Nintendo DS).
- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (originally for the Nintendo 64).
- Kirby’s Return to Dream Land (originally for the Wii).
So, Kirby fans are going to have a busy week.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties