All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
Maybe this will calm those birds down a bit.
— Rovio (@Rovio) July 30, 2015
The original Angry Birds, which came out in 2009, and its spinoffs have achieved more than 3 billion downloads, according to Rovio. An animated film based on the franchise is coming out next year, so its very important to Rovio that the new game do well and continue public interest in Angry Birds. It can also use a hit after seeing its profits fall this year. Rovio is certainly happy to see people gobble up the sequel.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
Angry Birds 2 adds spells, new levels, and a new bird to the classic poultry-flinging series. It’s a free-to-play game that lets you use money to buy extra birds and lives.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties