Using the new app, users can access and log their personalized health data in real time, Fitbit said. The app helps Windows users track their steps, activity, exercise, food, weight, and sleep.
Fitbit for Windows 10 will be available for Windows 10 Mobile and Xbox One later this year, Fitbit said.
Here’s how Fitbit describes the key features of the new app:
- Updated live tiles that have been redesigned with more information and new notification types to let users quickly access their most critical data to better enable them to reach their personalized health and fitness goals.
- Quick actions to help users log and track their health and fitness activities, such as food, water intake and exercise, as well as set alarms more efficiently with the simple click of a button, encouraging more frequent logging.
- Cortana support allows users to speak commands on Windows 10 tablets, PCs and mobile phones — such as “Fitbit, I ate chicken for dinner” or “Fitbit, I went for a three-mile run” — for automatic and easier food and activity logging.
- Notification center now consolidates all users’ important notifications and messages in a dedicated tab making it effortless to review progress, or stay motivated with cheers, taunts and encouragements from friends and family.
- Enhanced syncing with Bluetooth on all Windows 10 devices with supported hardware provides users with quicker access to their health and fitness stats, so they can make timely decisions to reach their objectives.
- Universal design and continuum support allows users to customize and effortlessly view their most important personalized data in real-time with an enhanced visual experience adjusted for whatever Windows 10 device they are using.
The app’s Challenge screen on the desktop:
The Exercise screen:
The Food screen:
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform
- networking features, and more