Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
It took four games, but a thief is going to meet some sort of an end this March.
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End hits PlayStation 4 on March 18, according to a PlayStation blog post. This represents Nathan Drake’s first original game on Sony’s latest console. The publisher announced the launch date alongside two special collector’s edition versions of Uncharted 4. These packages include art books, stickers, and more.
This is a crucial release for Sony and the PlayStation 4. The Uncharted series — and especially Uncharted 2: Among Thieves — often gets credit from gamers and critics for kickstarting the last generation of consoles. With Uncharted 4, developer Naughty Dog will continue the franchise’s focus on huge action sequences, storytelling, and top-notch technical prowess.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
While Sony shared the release date, the company focused primarily on getting Uncharted fans pumped to spend some extra cash on the aforementioned special editions. Here’s a quick breakdown of what each collector’s bundle will get you.
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Special Edition
- Game disc
- Steelbook case
- 48-page art book
- Naughty Dog & Pirate Sigil stickers
- Naughty Dog points that players can spend on in-game content
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Libertalia Collector’s Edition
- Everything in the Special Edition
- 12-inch Nathan Drake statue
- Three multiplayer outfits
- Three custom weapon skins
- Three in-game hats
- Madagascar sidekick outfits
- Phurba Dagger animated in-game taunt
- Uncharted 4 dynamic PS4 theme
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties