Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
Apple has a new iPhone coming out, and — as usual — it used a game to show off the new hardware.
Developer Pixeltoys took the stage with Apple for its Hey, Siri event today, and the gaming studio showed off its upcoming mobile project Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade. This game puts players in command of an Imperial Knight battle mech in a 3D action shooter.
It does look visually impressive, and that’s likely one of the reasons Apple wanted to show it off. If you missed the media event live, you can check out the Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade segment in below:
Warhammer was just one of a handful of games that appeared on Apple’s stage today. The company also trotted out a new version of Crossy Road and a motion-controlled rhythm-sports game called Beat Sports for Apple TV.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties