A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
As 2015 continues to release one massive triple-A hit after another, IndieCade wants us all to take a moment to look at some of the smaller stuff that also makes this medium great.
IndieCade Festival 2015 is coming to Culver City, Calif. October 23 through October 25, and this celebration of independent-game making will culminate with the annual awards ceremony. Today, the IndieCade organizers announced the 36 nominees for the awards. These titles span a wide number of genres and platforms including PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC, and more.
In a canned statement, IndieCade chief executive officer Stephanie Barish said that her company is “thrilled to celebrate the strongest, most creative lineup of independently developed games at the festival to date.”
But in addition to the nominees and the awards, IndieCade also pointed out that the upcoming event will feature a number of training sessions and resources to encourage the next generation of creators.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
“This year we will fearlessly tackle topics that will push the boundaries of design, discuss intimacy and consent, and explore all of the unique viewpoints and diversity of independent games,” said Barish.
IndieCade tickets are on sale now, and you can purchase them here.
And here is the full list of nominees:
- &MAYBETHEYWON’TKILLYOU [LARP]
- 60 Seconds [PC]
- Aboard the Looking Glass [Oculus Rift, Leap Motion]
- Armello [PC]
- Codex Bash [PC]
- Consentacle [card game]
- Darknet [PC, Oculus Rift]
- Donut County [PC]
- Eleanor of Ayer [ARG]
- Engare [PC]
- Fabulous Beasts [augmented reality]
- Find Maria Rivera [INSTALLATION]
- Her Story [PC/iOS ]
- Home Improvisation [PC]
- Kerbal Space Program [PC]
- Kwaan [PC]
- Line Wobbler [Unique hardware]
- Memory of a Broken Dimension [PC]
- Monarch [BOARD GAME]
- Museum of Simulation Technology [PC]
- Myriad [PC]
- Nevermind [PC/MAC, IOMPE biofeedback sensor]
- Plug & Play [PC, iOS, Android]
- Prune [IOS]
- Puzzlets [augmented reality]
- Red & Pleasant Land [board game]
- SCALE [PC]
- Seltani [PC]
- Sentree [IOS]
- Seven Day Band [PC]
- Story Warriors: Fairy Tales [IOS]
- The Meadow [Installation, virtual reality]
- Throw Trucks With Your Mind [PC w/ Neurosky Mindset]
- Tribal & Error [PC]
- Walden, a game [PC]
- Wonderland: A Solvitur Ambulando Mystery [iOS]
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties