Did you miss a session from GamesBeat Summit 2022? All sessions are available to stream now. Watch now.
Here’s a few telltale signs that fall is upon us: Leaves are changing colors, pumpkin-flavored everything lines shelves, and a new OS release from Apple hits today.
The company’s most recent mobile OS release, iOS 9, is here, so VentureBeat put together a quick and easy guide to getting you set up and ready to go.
- Back up your precious data using iCloud or a third-party service. Seriously. You don’t want to lose all of those photos or songs, do you?
- Make sure your device is compatible with iOS 9. You’ll need an iPhone 4s and later, iPod Touch 5th generation and later, iPad 2 and later, or iPad Mini and later. Check the specifics at the bottom of Apple’s page on what’s new in iOS 9.
- Check your available space. You’ll need only a little bit of room on your phone this year — about 1.3GB — for the update. By comparison, iOS 8 is 4.56GB.
- Download that sucker. On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings, then General, and then click on Software Update. You can also use iTunes, if you’d prefer.
- Be patient. Apple fanatics are all going to be waiting to get their fingers on the new software as soon as they possibly can, so the download may be a little slow.
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Learn more about membership.