A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Unity is using the cloud to help game development.
Cloud Build is a continuous build distribution service for the game-making engine Unity. It detects changes to projects and automatically delivers them to everyone in a development team via a cloud, speeding up development. Patrick Curry, Unity’s director of Cloud Build, announced during the Unite 2015 keynote today that the service is coming to PC, Mac, and Linux.
Cloud Build was previously available for iOS, Android, and web-players. Curry also announced that all Cloud Build features are now free for all platforms.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties