Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
The holiday season just hot a little lighter.
Developer IO Interactive revealed on Hitman’s official site that it has delayed the release of the newest game in the stealth-based series to March 2016. It was originally scheduled to come out on December 8 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
“These few extra months will mean we can add more to the launch content of the game, more than we had originally planned, and then follow with a tighter frequency of updates, which ultimately will create a better game for everyone,” the post states. “And in the end, that’s what we’re all looking for.”
Hitman is the latest victim in a string of holiday game delays to 2016, which includes Star Fox for the Wii U.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties