BEVERLY, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–September 30, 2015–
Altova® (http://www.altova.com) today announced the release of Version 2016 of its MissionKit desktop developer tools and server software products. This latest release introduces innovative new functionality including the first enterprise-grade graphical JSON Schema editor in XMLSpy, the revolutionary, long-anticipated MapForce Data Mapping Debugger for diagnosing and perfecting data mapping projects, Windows 10 support and updated database support across the product line, and so much more.
“We are so excited to introduce Version 2016 with features that today’s developers absolutely need – but that simply did not exist yet – such as the first full-featured JSON Schema editor and the most powerful data mapping debugger on the market,” said Alexander Falk, President and CEO of Altova. “As always we’re grateful for feedback from our customers who help us make these tools and features reality.”
Just a few of the new features are detailed below. See the Altova web site for complete details.
- JSON Schema Editor. For the first time developers are able to utilize the graphical schema design paradigm pioneered by XMLSpy for XML Schema to build JSON Schemas in an intuitive, visual manor. The JSON Schema Editor in XMLSpy is a full-featured, graphical, drag and drop JSON Schema editor that significantly speeds schema generation, development, and validation for developers working with JSON.
New support for JSON Schema-based validation also allows intelligent editing and validation of JSON instance documents in the XMLSpy JSON editor.
- Integration with Installed Raptor XML Servers. Now you can harness the benefits realized from parallel processing on multi-core RaptorXML Servers for lightning-fast XSLT and XQuery execution – directly inside XMLSpy. Running XSLT and XQuery execution in XMLSpy via integration with installed RaptorXML servers can increase XSLT and XQuery jobs by up to 14 times!*
- Data Mapping Debugger. The MapForce 2016 debugger is a revolutionary, interactive debugger that lets you examine your mapping output step by step to diagnose and perfect projects of any complexity. As a data mapping project executes in MapForce, the debugger will pause at static or conditional breakpoints that have been defined, so you can trace the intermediate processing operations and examine data values as the mapping progresses.
The MapForce data mapping debugger gives you deep insight into the exact inner workings of your data integration and ETL projects in a way that was never possible before, not even in much higher-cost mapping products. The ability to easily define breakpoints, watch the data flow through a mapping, and examine throughput data at each step makes it much more efficient to isolate and resolve errors to produce the most accurate data mappings possible.
- Updated Support for C# 5 and Java 8. UModel, Altova’s UML tool for software modeling and application development, now supports the most recent versions of source code languages C# and Java. This functionality is vital for UModel users who may need to reverse engineer existing code and for round trip engineering.
- Updated OS and Database Support. Version 2016 of the Altova product line is the first release fully compatible with Windows 10. In addition, support for Firebird databases and the newest version of numerous supported databases has been added in all database-enabled Altova products.
These and many more features are available in Version 2016 of MissionKit desktop developer tools and server software products. For a complete list of new features, supported standards, and trial downloads please visit: (http://www.altova.com/whatsnew.html)
*Performance results based on Altova internal tests. Your results may vary.
Altova® is a software company specializing in tools that assist developers with data management, software and application development, mobile development, and data integration. The creator of XMLSpy® and other award-winning products, Altova is a key player in the software tools industry and the leader in XML solution development tools. The company offers a complete line of desktop developer software for XML, SQL, and UML; high-performance workflow automation server products; and a cross-platform mobile development platform. Altova focuses on its customers’ needs by offering a product line that fulfills a broad spectrum of requirements for software development teams. With over 4.7 million users worldwide, including 91% of Fortune 500 organizations, Altova is honored to serve clients from one-person shops to the world’s largest organizations. Altova is committed to delivering standards-based, platform-independent solutions that are powerful, affordable and easy-to-use. Founded in 1992, Altova is headquartered in Beverly, Massachusetts and Vienna, Austria.
Altova, MobileTogether, MissionKit, XMLSpy, MapForce, FlowForce, RaptorXML, StyleVision, UModel, DatabaseSpy, DiffDog, SchemaAgent, and Authentic are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Altova GmbH in the United States and other countries. The names of and references to other companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.