Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
It looks like Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is only playing at a temporary disappearing act.
The Capcom adventure game disappeared from the iOS store yesterday, causing some of its owners panic, especially since it was gone from their purchase histories. This meant they couldn’t redownload the title. However, Capcom has told GamesBeat that Ghost Trick is coming back.
“Capcom has removed Ghost Trick from the iOS App Store while we make some important fixes,” Capcom told GamesBeat. “We hope to have the game back up and available for purchase soon. Users who have purchased the game will be able to redownload it once fixes have been made.”
Ghost Trick has had issues running properly in iOS for a while. Capcom originally released the game for the Nintendo DS in 2011.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties