The problem with being a marketer today is that it’s tough to find — and network with — the best minds in marketing. GamesBeat only happens so often, right?
We’re bringing that GamesBeat experience to your laptop through VB Insight Twitter Chats. VentureBeat’s Twitter Chats are your opportunity to join in that conversation without hauling yourself halfway across the country. These conversations are value-loaded and time-critical — in just a half hour you can get valuable insight, share knowledge and thought leadership, and make connections with top marketing minds — all without leaving your desk chair. Or, you know, while you’re on a conference call (shh — we won’t tell if you won’t).
Join VentureBeat today Thursday, October 15 at 12 p.m. PT/ 3 p.m. ET/ 19:00 GMT for a special Twitter Chat with VentureBeat Insight analyst Andrew Jones, author of VB Insight’s most recent report on web personalization. With up to 97% of web traffic anonymous, how can a marketer really personalize the web experience for their customers? We understand your pain. We’ll be chatting about marketing personalization for a full half hour with some of the best and brightest marketers on Twitter, in addition to Jones — and we want to hear your voice as well. You can follow the #vbwebinars hashtag to stay up to the minute in the chat.
Here’s how it works:
- Log into your Twitter account using Twitter’s native web app or your favorite Twitter client and start chiming in at 12 p.m. PT/ 3 p.m. ET/ 19:00 GMT. It’s just that easy.
- Introduce yourself with your first #vbwebinars tweet, including your name, title, and the organization you are with.
- The questions will flow from the @VentureBeat Twitter handle with the hashtag #vbwebinars tagged to each tweet.
The Tweet Chat Questions
@VentureBeat will issue questions out to our audience with a hashtag #vbwebinars to trend the discussion (this is the same hashtag that we’ll be using for our webinar as well). It will ask the first question at 12:01 p.m., and the final question will be asked at 12:25 p.m.
Q1: Certain verticals were early adopters of web personalization, like retail, travel, publishers… but are others that are missing the boat? #vbwebinars
Q2: Are certain approaches to web personalization better than others? E.g. manual, rules-based vs. automated and predictive. #vbwebinars
Q3: Most web personalization vendors have catered to enterprises, but what are the opportunities for SMBs? #vbwebinars
Q4: What data matters when? E.g. profile vs. behavioral data… and anonymous vs. known data. #vbwebinars
Twitter users following this event will reply using the #vbwebinars hashtag. You can follow the conversation by searching the #vbwebinars hashtag.
Tweet Chat Strategies
- Please don’t pitch products or services — stay focused on the topic and contribute your thought leadership.
- Remember that this is a public chat — keep it professional but informal.
- Don’t forget the #vbwebinars hashtag or your comments will not appear in the Twitter streams of most of the chat participants, unless they follow your account specifically.
What’s in it for you? Besides the obvious interesting discussion and knowledge sharing, participants in our Twitter chats report gaining significant numbers of followers. Of course, it’s a pretty entertaining and fast half hour of chatting, too.
We’d love to have your participation in the Twitter chat today at 12:00 p.m. PST. Time to get your tweet on!
This Twitter chat is a precursor to our webinar on website personalization with Andrew Jones. Register today so that you don’t miss the live roundtable discussion and audience Q&A — and gain valuable insight on a topic that makes or breaks marketing campaigns.