Web development platform Wix.com is going in-depth into new verticals, starting with music. The company has launched a solution it believes is the “one-stop-shop” for musicians and the online music industry. Essentially, this package deal lets artists and music companies not only manage their online presence, but distribute music to over 120 streaming services and stores from a central location, while also selling tickets and more from their websites.
Avishai Avrahami, cofounder and chief executive of Wix.com said in a statement: “Wix Music was designed to put the artists in control of their brand, their art, and their business. It is the perfect example of our commitment to providing our users with all of the tools they need to make their dreams a reality online.”
Prior to today, every Wix customer had access to everything in the company’s arsenal. But now, in order to scale its business, Wix wants to invest more resources in different markets, starting with music. So, not only can users get websites, email, and social marketing tools, they can now access a range of tools specifically tailored to their business.
Here’s what musicians will receive through this product suite:
- Commission-free music sales of high-quality FLAC and MP3 320kbs digital music files, directly from a musician’s website.
- Coordination and distribution of songs across iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play, Deezer, Rdio, and over 120 digital music properties.
- Promotion and ticketing support for tours and shows through BandsInTown and Songkick.
- Fan management and communication through Wix’s ShoutOut tool, which provides email and social media marketing.
- Merchandise sales through Wix’s ecommerce solution, again, without any commission.
- Press kit builder
- Analytics to look at not just page views, but music sales, shares, downloads, and streams — right from a musician’s website and other distribution platforms.
- Tailored website templates geared toward musicians.
While people may not care about Wix helping musicians build a website, what is interesting is the integrations that the company has with over 120 online music stores and streaming services and the capability to manage everything that happens on them right from Wix’s dashboard.