Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
GamesBeat has partnered with iSpot.tv, which measures TV advertising in real time, to bring you a monthly report on how gaming brands are spending and which are generating the most digital response. The results below are for the top five most engaging gaming industry ads over the last 30 days.
FIFA 16’s new “Play Beautiful” commercial generated a great opening response, blowing away the competition. Featuring Kobe Bryant, Lionel Messi, Pele, and Alex Morgan, the ad generated over 12.8 million online views, 58,000 social actions and 8,000 searches, grabbing nearly 35 percent of the share of voice in the gaming category. It was the fourth most engaging ad overall on TV over the last 30 days.
Halo 5: Guardians also debuted two new ads to a warm reception. “A Hero Falls” and “Launch” combined to account for nearly 25 percent of the digital response generated by gaming ads in the past 30 days, earning more than 5.6 million online views, 50,000 social actions and 700 searches.
Rounding out the top 5 is another debut, this one for Guitar Hero Live. The spot, “Win the Crowd,” starring Lenny Kravitz and James Franco, generated more than 3.6 million online views, 12,000 social actions, and 500 searches.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
Mobile games got very little attention this month, with no ads appearing in the top 5.
The full top five most engaging ads are:
1. FIFA 16 “Play Beautiful” (34.78%)
2. Halo 5: Guardians “A Hero Falls” (15.27%)
3. Destiny: The Taken King “Evil’s Most Wanted” (10.68%)
4. Halo 5: Guardians “Launch” (8.87%)
5. Guitar Hero Live “Win the Crowd” (6.94%)
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties