All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
It’s Friday, so let’s look at something fun and kind of useless.
YouTube user Hacking Jules has Nintendo 64 and PlayStation Portable emulators running on an Android Wear smartwatch — specifically the original LG G-Watch, as originally reported by Android Police via Toy Box. Of course, it’s super-hard to play any of those complicated games on the watch’s tiny screen and simple interface, but it certainly looks cool.
Here’s Nintendo 64 classics Super Mario 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
And now here’s the PSP’s Monster Hunter Freedom.
Really, it’s impressive he can control these games at all. Maybe some day we really can play our favorite games on our wrist.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties