Side-Kick Games announced today it has publishing deals with seven game studios to publish 10 new mobile virtual reality games.
It will release these on multiple VR platforms before the end of the first quarter of 2016. The Newport Beach, Calif.-based Side-Kick Games is one of the first game publishers that is focusing on delivering VR content. Tech advisory firm Digi-Capital estimates that VR will be a $30 billion market by 2020, but so far the main mobile VR system available is the Samsung Gear VR.
The partners and their games are as follows.
- Angry Mob Games: Guerrilla Bob, a shooter with “explosive humor.”
- Gogii Games: Princess Isabella, a hidden object adventure.
- Machineworks: Trexx Hunter, an immersive hunting game.
- Namazu Studios: Vitamin Z, a wacky, action shooter.
- PocketWings: Its PocketWings: Discovery Island, is a physics-based flying game by Eric “Hellcats” Parker.
- SparkPlug Games: Plight of the Zombie, a light-hearted puzzle game; and Fairy Maids, a uniquely fast and fun time management game.
Side-Kick Games will also publish the Oculus Rift demo Temple of Merk game on mobile VR platforms, as well as two self-developed titles, Bowling VR and Golf VR. Side-Kick said that it will publish on all available mobile VR platforms in early 2016.
“We are honored to be in partnership with so many reputable game studios”, said Guy Bendov, the CEO of Side-Kick Games, in a statement. “We’re aggressively fueling fun in the $100 billion VR market, and the variety of licenses and game genres represented will allow us to bolster our portfolio and realize our goal of bringing high quality, accessible entertainment to mobile VR.”
Bendov and others founded Side-Kick in 2010, with a focus on publishing cutting-edge games for new platforms such as Kinect and VR. Side-Kick’s partners include Samsung, Oculus, Google, and Merge.
“Guerrilla Bob’s explosive action never looked better! Unlike other VR experiences, Bob’s camera viewpoint is super enjoyable for longer play sessions, with smooth over the top views, and tiny rebels coming at you from all over the place. We’re super excited to be working with Sidekick Games to bring the best experience to the major VR devices”, said Bogdan Iliesiu, CEO of Angry Mob Games, in a statement.