And in this analogy, the better date is Sony.
Just hours after Hideo Kojima’s painfully drawn out break up with Konami became official, Kojima launched his own production studio, Kojima Productions, and hooked up with Sony. And according to the PlayStation company, the first project out of Kojima Productions will be a Sony exclusive.
The match everyone knew was likely going to (or was hoping would) happen, was officially announced by Sony’s global CEO, Andrew House, via a YouTube video. On a comfortable-looking white couch, House waxes in perfect Japanese about his pleasure to introduce Kojima, who then solidifies that the two companies are indeed working together. They then seal the deal with an epic handshake, followed by a thank you.
Thank you, indeed.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties