In this week’s episode, we talk with Kakul Srivastava, the VP of product management for GitHub.
We caught up with her recently to talk about how GitHub has evolved into a platform (and what it means to be a platform), how the company figures out which new features and products to build, and the role of open source software in stimulating innovation.
Plus, we tell you what to think about:
- The year in tech-company unicorns (and the idea that 2016 might see a “unicorn death march“)
- Microsoft’s big — and largely successful — launch of Windows 10 in 2015 (and its recent acquisition of Talko) and
- What happened with virtual reality in 2015, from the New York Times distributing a million Google Cardboard headsets to the launch of Samsung’s Gear VR kit.
You can listen to this episode in the embedded player below:
Or, click here to get the MP3 of this episode of What to Think.
You can also listen to this episode of What to Think on SoundCloud.
And please subscribe to What to Think in iTunes, where you’ll get every episode delivered to the device of your choice as soon as it’s released!
The What to Think Innovation Engine podcast is brought to you by Pivotal Tracker, the Agile tool that’s been organizing software teams since 2006. Tracker’s simple drag-and-drop interface and structured workflow have allowed developers, product managers, and designers alike to build and manage better software, one story at a time. Is your team ready to get on track? Go to www.pivotaltracker.com to sign up for your 30-day free trial and start delivering better software now.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more