Join gaming leaders, alongside GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming, for their 2nd Annual GamesBeat & Facebook Gaming Summit | GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2 this upcoming January 25-27, 2022. Learn more about the event.
Guess who undervalued Undertale.
The Writers Guild of America revealed the nominees for its Outstanding Achievement in Videogame Writing Award today. However, indie darling Undertale, praised by fans and critics (including us; we gave it a 100/100) for its quirky and emotional script, isn’t on the list. You can see the four games that did secure nominations below:
- Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate
- Pillars of Eternity
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
We’ll find out the winner at the 2016 Writers Guild on February 13.
Other popular gmes noted for strong writing didn’t make the cut, including episodic games Life is Strange and Tales from the Borderlands also didn’t make it. The Last of Us: Left Behind, downloadable content for the critically acclaimed survival-shooter, won the Writers Guild’s award last year.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties