Supercell’s slow rollout of its fourth game, Clash Royale, appears to be gaining momentum, with the company now saying it will launch its new mobile release globally in March.
This real-time, head-to-head battle game is set in the larger Clash Universe, previously featured in the company’s monster hit, Clash of Clans. Clash Royale will be available on iOS and Android. Clash of Clans is one of the rulers of the mobile gaming market, and if Supercell can launch another game that gains a huge following, it can conquer an even bigger slice of this $30 billion industry.
The video is a bit vague, but Clash fans around the planet can take some solace in the fact that the long wait is apparently almost over.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties