Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
At this point, we’d forgive you if you can’t remember exactly when Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is supposed to come out.
It’s probably the PlayStation 4’s most anticipated exclusive yet, but Sony and developer Naughty Dog have had a hard time sticking with a launch date. Of course, those delays don’t seem to hurt the system, which has done a fine job outselling its competitor, the Xbox One. Still, we’re getting antsy. Just yesterday, the game saw another delay (albeit a slight one).
So, in order to keep track of this mess, we’ve created a little timeline that shows you each time Uncharted 4 received a new release date.
- November 14, 2013: Sony releases the first teaser for Uncharted 4 just hours before the launch of the PlayStation 4. The video doesn’t reveal a release date.
- June 9, 2014: At its E3 press conference, Sony reveals the first full trailer for Uncharted 4 (which has its A Thief’s End subtitle for the first time). The game only has a 2015 release window.
- March 11, 2015: Naughty Dog reveals that the game needs more development time and won’t be releasing in 2015, instead saying that it will come out Spring 2016.
- August 31, 2015: For the first time, Uncharted 4 has an exact release date: March 18.
- December 23, 2015: Uncharted 4 suffers a slight delay, moving to April 26.
- March 1, 2016: Uncharted 4 gets delayed again, this time to May 10.
So, May 10! For real. Right? Please?
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties