At this point, we’d forgive you if you can’t remember exactly when Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is supposed to come out.
It’s probably the PlayStation 4’s most anticipated exclusive yet, but Sony and developer Naughty Dog have had a hard time sticking with a launch date. Of course, those delays don’t seem to hurt the system, which has done a fine job outselling its competitor, the Xbox One. Still, we’re getting antsy. Just yesterday, the game saw another delay (albeit a slight one).
So, in order to keep track of this mess, we’ve created a little timeline that shows you each time Uncharted 4 received a new release date.
- November 14, 2013: Sony releases the first teaser for Uncharted 4 just hours before the launch of the PlayStation 4. The video doesn’t reveal a release date.
- June 9, 2014: At its E3 press conference, Sony reveals the first full trailer for Uncharted 4 (which has its A Thief’s End subtitle for the first time). The game only has a 2015 release window.
- March 11, 2015: Naughty Dog reveals that the game needs more development time and won’t be releasing in 2015, instead saying that it will come out Spring 2016.
- August 31, 2015: For the first time, Uncharted 4 has an exact release date: March 18.
- December 23, 2015: Uncharted 4 suffers a slight delay, moving to April 26.
- March 1, 2016: Uncharted 4 gets delayed again, this time to May 10.
So, May 10! For real. Right? Please?