Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
Shadow Moses, a project that aimed to remake the 1998 PlayStation classic Metal Gear Solid with the Unreal 4 engine, announced today that it has canceled the effort.
We asked Konami, which owns the Metal Gear property, if it had anything to do with the cancellation. Fan projects like this often end up disbanding because the original creators don’t want to see others profit off of their intellectual properties.
Still, it’s sad news for Metal Gear fans, especially with Konami pretty much abandoning development on traditional games like the Metal Gear Solid series.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties