A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Last week, Microsoft cancelled Fable Legends. Just how sudden was the decision?
Well, going by the picture above of the schedule for the Game Developers Conference, it was pretty darn sudden. We spotted this listing on a giant board during the show today in San Francisco.
It looks like developer Lionhead (which Microsoft is proposing to close) was planning to talk about the tech for its game at the show, which isn’t exactly the behavior of a studio that expected to have its major project cancelled. It’s bizarre to see that the listing even made it to the giant board, ominous, red “cancelled” stamp and all. It’s also a sad reminder that a group of people went from working on a big game to having uncertain futures.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties