2)Leovegas went public on the Nasdaq First North in Stockholm at a €300 million valuation and rose to a market cap of €430 million in the first hours of trading.
3)Google’s venture arm, GV, completed its seventh investment in Europe, leading a $21 million Series B in UK-based bioscience firm Cambridge Epigenetix.4) There were 10 rounds greater than €10 million in Europe and Israel this week: M-Files (Finland, €33 million), Future Finance (UK, £19 million), LendInvest (UK, £17 million), Conceptomed (Norway, $11.9 million), Alooma (Israel, $11.2 million), Rombit (Belgium, €10 million) and Cambridge Epigenetix.5) Austrlian company Aconex bought Germany-based Conject for €65m. Seventure and Earlybird VC were investors in the company.
6) French VC CapHorn Invest announced the first closing of its second fund at €100 million, with a goal of reaching €125 million
7) SoundCloud signed a licensing deal with Sony Music, which means that it has locked up all the deals it needs for a paid service that’s expected to be launched before the end of the year.
8) Spotify agreed to pay more than $20 million to music publishers to settle a long-running and complex dispute over licensing. The music streaming giant also announced this week that it’s hired top Microsoft lawyer Horacio Gutierrez as General Counsel.
Bonus link: Inside the Brussels tech lobbying bubble: How US tech giants dominate conversations at Europe’s dinner table.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more