Cloud Security Camera VMS offers Activation of Immediate Situational Awareness
AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–March 24, 2016–
Eagle Eye Networks, Inc. today announced First Responder Real-time Video Access. Eagle Eye Security Camera VMS administrators have the option to pre-designate first responders who can receive immediate real-time security camera access during emergency situations; the cameras are shared only when an authorized user activates first responder access.
Immediate situational awareness can be crucial when there are intruders, a fire, or other situations. The insights that first responders gain from the clear, deep visibility can directly impact their actions – from necessary evacuations, to the specific protective measures they might take.
“Giving Public Safety Officers the ability to share live video surveillance cameras on smart phones during an emergency is a game changer in operational scenarios. This solution can act as a response multiplier by providing a coordinated visibility component into emergency decision making,” said Dr. Erroll G. Southers, former FBI Special Agent, and current Managing Director, Counterterrorism & Infrastructure Protection, TAL Global. “During a crisis, real-time situational awareness and streamlined decision making can be the difference in protecting the public and first responders during life and death situations.”
“We’ve had an overwhelming demand to deliver immediate video access to first responders,” said Dean Drako, President and CEO of Eagle Eye Networks. “Our customers want to be fully prepared to equip their local first responders with critical, real-time insights in the event of an emergency situation – while still retaining their full daily privacy.”
The Eagle Eye Security Camera VMS First Responder Real-time Video Access process works as follows:
- First Responder Pre-designation. System administrators use the Eagle Eye Security Camera VMS dashboard to pre-designate their list of first responders who will be authorized to view the video during emergencies. They will also authorize specific internal personnel to be capable of activating the emergency video feed.
- Closed Loop Confirmation. To ensure that the connection is made, after the administrator submits the first responder names and email addresses, each first responder will get a notification email and ‘accept’ the request.
The first responders will also download the free Eagle Eye Viewer mobile app so they will be able to instantly view the video while in transit during an emergency.
- Activation during Emergencies. Following set up, the video streams will continue to be private – only accessible by the organization – until authorized personnel activate the video access. As a safeguard to avoid accidentally sending emails the user will also click on an “are you sure you want to activate?” notice to confirm.
Once the emergency video access is enabled, all designated first responders can view video from any major web browser or the Eagle Eye Viewer iOS or Android mobile app.
- Activation Emails with Links to Relevant Video. The organization’s authorized personnel has an option to identify specific cameras for the first responders to view. All designated first responders will receive an email which includes direct links to the specified cameras.
- Force Touch. If an authorized person is facing direct danger with insufficient time to launch the application, they can use “force touch” on the application icon on their phone, plus one confirming tap. This will enable First Responder Access to the cameras.
- Open API for Emergency Notification System Integration. Eagle Eye Networks has an open RESTful Eagle cloud video API to allow the organization’s physical security teams to integrate the first responder video emails and access with emergency notification systems they may have in place for first responders.
All Eagle Eye Networks customers will have immediate access to this new functionality on May 1, 2016. For more information, please visit www.eagleeyenetworks.com/first-responder-real-time-video-access/.
About Eagle Eye Networks
Eagle Eye Networks delivers the first on-demand cloud based security and operations video management system (VMS) providing both cloud and on-premise recording. Eagle Eye also provides a cloud video API for integrations and application development. The Eagle Eye Platform offers secure, encrypted recording, camera management, mobile viewing and alerts, and first responder real-time video access – all 100% cloud managed. The Eagle Eye Cloud Security Camera Video Management System supports a broad array of IP and analog cameras while using Intelligent Bandwidth Management™, making it easy to deploy at single and multiple sites. The API platform uses the Eagle Eye Big Data Video Framework™, with time based data structures used for indexing, search, retrieval and analysis of the live and archived video. Eagle Eye Networks sells through authorized reseller and installation partners. The headquarters is at 4611 Bee Caves Rd, suite 200, Austin, Texas, 78746. For more information please visit www.eagleeyenetworks.com or call +1-512-473-0500.
Gloria Nichols, 650-678-2219