Procrastinators all know that if you have a month to finish something, you’ll figure out a way to ensure the task takes all of that time — and I think publisher Capcom is one of them.
The company announced today that it will finally release the Street Fighter V “March update” on March 28 and March 30 for PlayStation 4 and PC. In the first half of this patch, players will get new modes and rematches in Ranked play. The second half will introduce Alex and his story content as well as the in-game shop. Capcom will not include Zenny, the in-game currency that costs real money, in this update because the publisher says that isn’t ready. Street Fighter is one of the top franchises in the competitive fighter scene, and Capcom is trying to establish this latest entry as the go-to game for this space, which is a significant segment of the $99.3 billion worldwide gaming industry.
Here’s a quick overview for what Capcom has in the works, but you can also jump below to see a full rundown of everything new:
Here’s what’s new in the March 28 update:
- Challenge Mode
- Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter V through helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
- Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
- Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
- Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.
- Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
- Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.
- Online Rematch Option: Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match and Casual Matches, provided both players accept the rematch.
- Battle Lounge Improvements: Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies, complete with match spectating.
- Bug fixes and gameplay balancing: Various game bugs have been fixed, along with minor gameplay balancing. For more details please see the previous post.
And here’s what’s coming on March 30:
- Alex and his related character story content
- In-Game Shop: Fight Money Expenditure: Spend your hard earned Fight Money to purchase extra game content, such as DLC characters (100,000 FM each) and the Story Mode Costumes (40,000 FM each).