Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
I was once hooked on Flappy Bird. Millions of us were. But not quite like this.
Balázs Bank has decided that in the event that he doesn’t have his phone on him, his e-cigarette will do. Bank wanted to play the infamous and addictive game on his eVic-VTC Mini e-cigarette. Because the device has upgradable firmware, Bank was able to port the game to his vape.
Note that you can’t exactly smoke and play at the same time, but somehow I think gamers and smokers will forgive him. Honestly, the game works quite well, given that it’s running on a freaking e-cigarette:
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
DISCLAIMER: Flash this firmware at your own risk. I will not take any responsibility for damaging your device.
1. Download and unzip the compressed folder.
2. Connect the eVic-VTC Mini to the computer.
3. Open the official UpdateFirmware.exe (it’s in the archive, or you can download it from Joyetech’s site).
4. Click Update button then select FlappyBird.bin.
5. Enjoy (or not) the ‘game.’
Reinstall original firmware:
1. Disconnect the usb cable and the battery from the VTC Mini.
2. Push the right button (and hold) on the VTC Mini, plug in the USB cable, release the button.
3. Now you can install the original firmware (also found in the archive or downloaded from official site) with the updater.
Please note that I made this in a few hours, and it’s still in beta stage.
Bank didn’t stop there. His second video shows the game Snake ported to the e-cigarette as well.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties