Ongoing customer value demonstrated by outstanding renewal and expansion rates
SAN JOSE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–May 5, 2016–
MapR Technologies, Inc. today announced another record quarter, which includes 99% growth in software subscription license bookings over prior year. This continued growth was fueled by the release of the industry’s only Converged Data Platform, which enables its customers to accelerate data-driven applications with the best security, flexibility, scalability, and real-time capabilities.
New software subscription license growth and existing customer expansions contributed to the record quarter and an impressive dollar-based net expansion rate of 146%. MapR customers continue to realize significant benefits from MapR products including the recently released Converged Data Platform, resulting in a steady 99% retention rate for MapR. Additionally, the growth and operational focus of MapR have resulted in higher cash efficiency, posting another quarter of improved cash flow.
“The Converged Data Platform is a growth engine for the company,” said Matt Mills, President, MapR Technologies. “It empowers enterprises to more effectively put their data to work, improving business performance and unlocking new revenue streams. As a result, more new customers are coming onboard and our existing customers continue to expand the use of our software. We continue to add remarkable talent across the company, including sales, professional services and engineering. By efficiently scaling our operations to support all the increased demand, I’m confident we’ll continue to deliver record setting growth well into the future.”
- MapR strengthens its market position by extending its customer base across a diverse range of industries. Notable new and expanded customers this quarter include Audi, Cardlytics, comScore, Eastern Bank, Harte-Hanks, IPC, Macquarie, Recruit Technologies, Rubicon Project, and Xactly.
- Cisco selects MapR to power its newly available SAP appliance for HANA applications.
- Ericsson chooses MapR as the underlying data platform for its new cloud-based service.
- ISV Partner of the Year awarded to MapR from Cisco for Asia Pacific and Japan region.
- New federal sales office opened and added new senior leadership globally, including David Cross, CMO; Geneva Lake, vice president of worldwide alliances; and country managers in Germany, UK, and Japan.
- Release of the MapR Converged Data Platform, offering integrated file, database and event streaming in one platform. Platform includes advances and support for containers and Drill 1.6.
- Gartner named MapR a Visionary in the Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse and Data Management Solutions for Analytics report.
- Research firm IDC concluded that MapR customers achieve a three-year return on investment (ROI) of 382% and over $20 million in business benefits.
- Independent lab benchmark by ESG validated scale and reliability of MapR Streams, including 18 million messages/second performance with over 3.5 GB/second throughput.
“The industry is in the midst of the biggest change in enterprise computing in decades and companies that are serious about using data to improve business results are relying on MapR,” said John Schroeder, founder and CEO, MapR Technologies. “MapR makes significant contributions to the Apache community and this involvement enables us to uniquely combine open source innovation with our patented Converged Data Platform to enable customers to increase revenues, lower costs, and mitigate risk.”
- Demonstrating its continued commitment to the open source community, MapR launched its new MapR Converge Community to more than 50,000 Hadoop and Spark professionals and to other technology professionals. The new Converge Community provides comprehensive interactive online content to members located in 78 countries, serving as a destination to put data technology to work.
- Comprehensive Spark certification courses and Stream Processing training added to the MapR Academy free On-Demand Training.
About MapR Technologies
MapR provides the industry’s only converged data platform that integrates the power of Hadoop and Spark with global event streaming, real-time database capabilities, and enterprise storage, enabling customers to harness the enormous power of their data. Organizations with the most demanding production needs, including sub-second response for fraud prevention, secure and highly available data-driven insights for better healthcare, petabyte analysis for threat detection, and integrated operational and analytic processing for improved customer experiences, run on MapR. A majority of customers achieves payback in fewer than 12 months and realizes greater than 5X ROI. MapR ensures customer success through world-class professional services and with free on-demand training that over 50,000 developers, data analysts and administrators have used to close the big data skills gap. Amazon, Cisco, Google, HPE, Microsoft, SAP, and Teradata are part of the worldwide MapR partner ecosystem. Investors include Google Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, NEA, Qualcomm Ventures and Redpoint Ventures. Connect with MapR on LinkedIn, and Twitter.