Electronic Arts has plenty of Star Wars planned for its schedule.
The publisher revealed today during an investors’ earnings call that a sequel to its online shooter Star Wars: Battlefront should debut in 2017. The first Battlefront (or third, depending on how you look at it) came out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on November 2015. It has sold more than 14 million copies.
EA also noted that a new action game based on Star Wars from Visceral (the studio behind the Dead Space series) will follow in 2018.
EA is still releasing three more expansion packs for the original Battlefront, with Bespin (which adds Cloud City and Lando among other things) hitting this Spring. Dice, which develops the Battlefront and Battlefield series, will also have its hands full this year releasing the recently announced Battlefield 1.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties