Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
The Google Play group revealed its own inaugural awards during the Google I/O event for the best Android games of the year. Supercell’s Clash Royale came out as the top game.
The list covers a wide variety, and that’s important, considering Android reaches more than a billion people. The awards honor real-time multiplayer, beautiful Indie games, industry-changing startups, innovative uses of mobile technology and more, showing how developers continue to push the boundaries of what apps can do.
Here are the winners:
- Best App: Houzz
- Best Early Adopter: World Around Me
- Best Families App: Thinkrolls 2
- Best Go Global: Pokemon Shuffle Mobile
- Best Game: Clash Royale
- Most Innovative: NYT VR
- Best Use of Material Design: Robinhood
- Best Standout Indie: Alphabear
- Best Use of Google Play Game Services: Table Tennis Touch
- Best Standout Startup: Hopper
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties