The Google Play group revealed its own inaugural awards during the Google I/O event for the best Android games of the year. Supercell’s Clash Royale came out as the top game.
The list covers a wide variety, and that’s important, considering Android reaches more than a billion people. The awards honor real-time multiplayer, beautiful Indie games, industry-changing startups, innovative uses of mobile technology and more, showing how developers continue to push the boundaries of what apps can do.
Here are the winners:
- Best App: Houzz
- Best Early Adopter: World Around Me
- Best Families App: Thinkrolls 2
- Best Go Global: Pokemon Shuffle Mobile
- Best Game: Clash Royale
- Most Innovative: NYT VR
- Best Use of Material Design: Robinhood
- Best Standout Indie: Alphabear
- Best Use of Google Play Game Services: Table Tennis Touch
- Best Standout Startup: Hopper
GamesBeat Gift Guides: Everything we recommend this holiday season