2) Alphabet’s Google faces a record antitrust fine of around 3 billion euros ($3.4 billion) from the European Commission in the coming weeks, according to media reports.
3) In related news, EU antitrust chief Margrethe Vestager may open a third front in her battle with Google as she studies whether to escalate a probe into the Internet search giant’s advertising services.
4) British semiconductor giant ARM has acquired Apical, a London-headquartered company that specialises in imaging and embedded computer vision technology, for $350 million in cash.
5) The BBC is to push ahead with plans to launch a British rival to Netflix, after getting the go-ahead from the government to develop a new subscription streaming service.
6) Speaking of Netflix, the company could be subject to European content quotas.
9) Belgium’s Showpad has closed a $50 million Series C round to keep growing its SaaS sales productivity platform (disclosure: I’m a tiny shareholder in this startup).
Subscribe to the weekly Tech.eu Newsletter here.
This post first appeared on Tech.eu.