Interested in learning what's next for the gaming industry? Join gaming executives to discuss emerging parts of the industry this October at GamesBeat Summit Next. Learn more.
2) Alphabet’s Google faces a record antitrust fine of around 3 billion euros ($3.4 billion) from the European Commission in the coming weeks, according to media reports.
3) In related news, EU antitrust chief Margrethe Vestager may open a third front in her battle with Google as she studies whether to escalate a probe into the Internet search giant’s advertising services.
4) British semiconductor giant ARM has acquired Apical, a London-headquartered company that specialises in imaging and embedded computer vision technology, for $350 million in cash.
5) The BBC is to push ahead with plans to launch a British rival to Netflix, after getting the go-ahead from the government to develop a new subscription streaming service.
6) Speaking of Netflix, the company could be subject to European content quotas.
9) Belgium’s Showpad has closed a $50 million Series C round to keep growing its SaaS sales productivity platform (disclosure: I’m a tiny shareholder in this startup).
Subscribe to the weekly Tech.eu Newsletter here.
This post first appeared on Tech.eu.
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Learn more about membership.