Join gaming leaders, alongside GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming, for their 2nd Annual GamesBeat & Facebook Gaming Summit | GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2 this upcoming January 25-27, 2022. Learn more about the event.
Uber debuted a new feature today in Los Angeles called “Arrive By,” which allows riders of its lower-cost carpooling service, UberPool, to check exactly when they will arrive at their destination. The feature serves as a guarantee for riders — if your UberPool takes too long, the company will give you $2 in credits.
If you and your destination are in Los Angeles and you have an updated version of the app, the process works this way, according to Uber’s announcement.
- Select uberPOOL and enter your pick-up and drop-off locations.
- You’ll see a price and the latest time you’ll reach your destination — even if another rider joins your trip.
- Look good? Hit “Request uberPOOL” and you’ll be on your way.
If this proves a sustainable model, perhaps the feature will be expanded into more markets.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more