All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
Bethesda Softworks marketing chief Pete Hines announced today that Fallout 4 will debut on the HTC Vive virtual reality headset in 2017.
The company made the announcement at its press and fan event tonight ahead of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, the big game trade show this week in Los Angeles. And at the event, Hines said that Bethesda is also showing both Doom and Fallout 4 in VR in demos at the show. Hines made no announcement about whether Doom would be released on VR headsets.
This HTC Vive announcement is big, as Fallout 4 was Bethesda’s most popular game ever with more than 12 million copies sold at last count. The move is a major endorsement for VR, which is a fledgling platform.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties