Sony revealed Crash Bandicoot’s return tonight during its lead-in presentation for the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles today.
Crash Bandicoot used to be the face of the PlayStation brand in its early years, but Universal eventually took the series multiplatform after developer Naughty Dog left the series. Even then, the last Crash game, Nitro Kart 2, came out back in 2010.
The first three Crash Bandicoot games will get remastered for PlayStation 4. Crash will also appear in Skylanders: Imaginators this October.
Crash made a cameo appearance earlier this year in Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, the latest game from original Crash developer Naughty Dog.
Many were hoping for an announcement for a new Crash game. Alas, not today.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties