For Honor made an appearance during Ubisoft’s Electronic Entertainment Expo lead-in event today in Los Angeles.
Last year, For Honor’s demo at Ubisoft’s E3 focused on multiplayer. This year, Ubisoft showed off the campaign. It focuses on third-person hand-to-hand combat inspired by medieval, Japanese, and Norse cultures. It will release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The demo showed an axe-wielding warrior partaking in a siege of a Japanese fortress. Combat revolved around deflecting and blocking enemy attacks. The whole thing was narrated in-game as if it was a story of a past battle. It ended with a battle with a samurai, who lost when an axe split his, well, sensitive parts.
At end the end of trailer, Ubisoft revealed that the game is coming out on February 2 14, 2017, which happens to be Valentine’s Day.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties