A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
General Raam, the main villain from the original Gears of War, is joining the cast of the Xbox One and PC fighter. He’s preceded by other guest characters from Microsoft brands like Rash from Battletoads and The Arbiter from Halo. Raam will be playable for free this week. New characters usually cost money to unlock.
Microsoft also noted that Killer Instinct has had over 7 million players, making it the most popular fighting games on the Xbox One. Killer Instinct also allows for cross-play between Xbox One and PC players.
Killer Instinct was originally a digital launch title for the Xbox One back in 2013. Microsoft has kept players engaged by introducing new characters. Recognizable fighters like Raam can help bring in new players.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties