Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
ReCore is an action game starring a girl and a robot dog with a removable core that can be placed inside other machines. This includes a spider-like robot that climbs walls and an ape-like one that excels at fighting.
ReCore features the involvement of Keiji Inafune, who was heavily involved in the Mega Man series with Capcom before he left that company in 2010 to start Comcept.
We got our first look at ReCore during Microsoft’s E3 event last year. E3 is one of the biggest annual gaming events, and it usually brings plenty of new game announcements. ReCore is especially important since it is a Microsoft exclusive, scheduled to release on Xbox One and PC.
Inafune’s Comcept has also developed Mighty No. 9, a 2D platformer inspired by Mega Man that releases on June 21.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties