Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
Whatever you do in We Happy Few, make sure to take your Joy pill.
The unsettling survival game from independent developer Compulsion Games got a good chunk of screen time at Microsoft’s press briefing at the annual Electronic Entertainment Expo trade show.
In We Happy Few, you play as one of three characters who must try to escape a 1960s England — but it’s not the same 1960s England from our world. Compulsion came up with an alternate history where the Allies lost World War II, and the survivors from England have been trying to forget the atrocities by taking a drug known as Joy.
GamesBeat we’ll have a more in-depth story and interview on We Happy Few later this week.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties