Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
Microsoft is going to make both Xbox One and Windows 10 gamers very happy.
The publisher just announced its Xbox Play Anywhere initiative during a press conference, a lead-in to this week’s giant Electronic Entertainment Expo tradeshow. Xbox One games that have the Play Anywhere icon on the box means that you get both the console and the PC version from buying that one copy.
The first game that will take advantage of this feature is Gears of War 4. Rod Fergusson, studio head of Gears of War 4 developer The Coalition, said onstage that achievements will be shared across both platforms. Additionally, players from Xbox One and PC will be able to play together cooperatively in the game’s story mode.
Developing as more games receive Play Anywhere support.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties